Sickness

I know my posts have been very infrequent lately. One of the reasons is an undisclosed project I'm working on. More on that later. Another reason is the hectic pace of life. We stay busy. But this week, it's been sickness. Our baby girl was throwing up Saturday night. We were concerned because of the color and she wouldn't stop - so we took her to ER around midnight. I stayed till 3:30 - Holly stayed all night and came home about 10:00 the next morning, once Susannah was taking liquids again.

I slept for about 3 hours Saturday night and got up to arrange child care for the morning and get to church to teach a Sunday school class and preach. When I got up to preach I was literally thinking of my exit strategy should I get sick! I concluded that the nearest exit was the prayer room and I would go there if I needed to quickly and politely dismiss myself. But God was gracious and I made it through. Afterward someone told me the sermon was really good and I should try it on three hours every week! Uhm - no thanks.

We rested Sunday afternoon, thanks to some other friends (the third party to help us) who kept the boys for us. Sunday night went pretty well and Monday was a pleasant day.

Then Holly got the stomach bug Monday night - and was up half the night. So I stayed home to help with her and the kids on Tuesday. Tuesday night Matthew got it. Yesterday I went to work, but came home in the early afternoon because I was afraid I might go down. I think Pepto kept me from getting too sick, and I worked from the house for the rest of the day. This morning Susannah's back to the doctor, mainly because she's not eating well yet and we're a little concerned about dehydration. When will it end?!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Yikes!

I hope ya'll feel better soon.

If you need anything, we're just down the road. :)

Tim said...

And I pass your house twice a day. (Four times on Wednesday and Thursday)

It doesn't take much tweaking for my route to go past Wal-Mart too. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this last post and the one from Dec. 31 on elders. I am in the midst of transitioning to elder government. The post is most helpful.

When do we hear more about the secret project?

Blessings!

ECR
Hillcrest Baptist Church
Temple Hills, Maryland
www.ericredmond.wordpress.com
pastorred68@hotmail.com
Facebook: Eric Redmond
My Space: Pastor Redmond